Introduction Academic Programmes
EFLS: The Mature Decision at a Premature Age The Programmes at EFLS are a
blend of various branches of knowledge like basic biology, biotechnology, microbiology,
chemistry, plant & animal biology computational biology and bioinformatics. Courses
are designed to help, analyze and represent biological information to understand
life processes. Certain courses merge molecular biology and genetics with advance
computer science & technology. Courses help us to understand the complex web of
interactions linking the individual components of a living cell to the integrated
behavior of the entire organization.
- Graduate Degree
- B.Sc. [Biotechnology]
- B.Sc. [Microbiology]
- B.Sc. [Biochemistry]
- B.Sc. [Biology]
The unique feature of innovative courses of life sciences is it’s interring disciplinary,
multi-faculty approach of integrating basic sciences with applied sciences. Life
Sciences professionals will have career prospects in all sectors of biotechnology,
microbiology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical, biomedical sciences, environmental sciences,
as well as agriculture and industrial applications. They also have prospects in
research institution, academic institution, hospital and industries. In the backdrop
of good demand for the life science professionals, it is easier for our students
to get job in its field of specializations after the completion of the course.
The primary objective of the graduate school of Life-sciences is to educate young
minds the facets of life sciences and its applied aspects .The Institute organizes
the curriculum around three basic elements. The Core The course provide an introduction
to the fundamental concepts and techniques of life sciences The Concentration -It
is intended to provide advanced knowledge and intensive preparation in the areas
of student’s interest. The Elective (Specialized certification program) EFLS offers
Specialized Certification Programmes for students to choose courses of special interest
from a variety of areas within the curriculum
- Genetic Engineering
- Food &Pharmaceutical Technology
- Immunodiagnostics Clinical Microbiology.
- Biochemical Processing and Engineering.
- LEAVING FOOTPRINTS ON THE SAND OF TIME
- Ideal teacher - taught ratio.
- Continuous evaluation scheme.
- Compulsory computer literacy.
- Credibility and transparency of examination system.
- Scholarly methods of teaching, seminars, conference etc.
- Placement of students through career guidance and placement cell.
- Group discussion, live projects and case studies and statistical
- Institutional Highlights: Personalized attention and right support
- The unique mentor-mentee concept @ Extol ensures a regular interaction
between the faculty and the students
- Technology Cell - Inter & Intra class presentations
- Well equipped laboratories.
- Master Degree "New Age Professionalism”
- M.Sc. [Biotechnology]
- M.Sc. [Microbiology]
- M.Sc. [Botany]
- M.Sc. [Zoology]
- M.Sc. [Chemistry]
Our professional courses are a combination of Engineering, Art and Science. They
encompass the application of Mathematics, Physics, Genetics, Chemistry, Botany,
Zoology and Information Technology to solve biological problems. The field has become
increasingly important due to the interest of the pharmaceutical industries and
research organizations in genome sequencing and designing life saving drugs. There
is a vital need to harness this information for medical, diagnostics and therapeutic
uses. The other opportunities includes food and drug industries, textile industry
and in every sphere of life.