Technology for Life
The courses being technical in nature are well supported with ultra modern labs
with professors having wide research experience. The R & D lab at EFLS is equipped
with most sophisticated instruments required for conducting projects, research works,
practicals related to Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Genetics, Molecular
Biology, r-DNA technology, Pathology etc. The labs also invites contract assignments
(in research) and renowned scientists from various industrial sectors for research
projects in Environment, Microbiology ,Immunology ,Tissue culture technology ,Molecular
Biology etc. The labs are open to students & NGO's for project work & summer trainings.
The Extol Integrated Biotech Laboratories provides a range of laboratory services
for genetics and proteomics research facilities. The Major are:
- Centre for Chemico Research.
- Centre for Bioinformatics Research.
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Centre for Plant and Animal Genomic Research.
- Centre for Microbial and Environment Analysis.
- Centre for Collection of Industrially Important Microorganism.
The Labs fulfills the requirement for the basic foundation in technical training.
Some key facilities include:
- Culture Rooms : with laminar air flow benches: Industrial Pattern
with large sitting capacity.
- UV / Visible Spectrphotometer: For biochemical analysis and estimation
of bio molecules. High range from visible to UV .
- The Instruments are attached to PC with Software programme.
- Refrigerated Centrifuge: For processing and isolation of nucleic
acid & cell components. The instruments has a variable range under refrigerated
- Inverted Microscope: For studies related to cell culture and immunology.
The microscope range from monocular to the most advanced ones.
- BOD Incubator: For environmental studies and mycological testing,
with various temperature range with cooler & blower.
- Chromatographic Systems: For isolation and identification of different
proteins lipids etc. Using paper, beads & gel.
- Electrophoresis Systems: Used in isolation identification and separation
of proteins and nucleic acids. It also has applications in r-DNA technology. The
instrument is both vertical & horizontal.
- The lab also has other basic equipment & infrastructure such as
pH meters, Spectrophotometer, Hot Air Ovens, Autoclaves, Micro pipettes etc.
- High quality chemicals and glassware for practical purpose.