Functions of Anti Ragging Committee
To ensure compliance with the provisions of these Regulations and any law for the
time being in force concerning ragging and to deal and act promptly with the incidents
of ragging brought to its notice.
- To keep tabs on the happenings /events related to ragging in Campus or Off-campus
within the hostels and other designed places in the premises.
- To conduct such enquiry observing a fair and transparent procedure and the principals
of natural justice and after giving adequate opportunity to the student or students
accused of ragging and other witnesses to place before it the facts, documents and
views concerning the incident of ragging, and considering such other relevant
information as may be required.
- To monitor, direct and oversee the functions and performance of the Anti-Ragging
Squads in prevention and curbing of ragging in the institution.
Functions and Duties of the Anti Ragging Squads
- To be vigilant at all hours including at odd hours all around the Campus and other
places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and shall be
empowered to inspect such places.
Conduct anonymous random surveys among freshers to check whether the Campus is
indeed free from ragging.
- To conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the
Head of the institution or any member of the faculty or any member of the staff or any
student or any parent or guardian or any employee of a service provider or by any
other person, as the case may be: and the enquiry report along with recommendations
shall be submitted to the Anti-Ragging Committee for action under clauses (a) of
Regulation 9.1 of UGC.
- To ensure the display of posters/tabs on Main and Departmental Notice Boards and
other places such as canteen, Library, Sports Lounge, Gymnasium, Bus stops and other
prominent designated places.
- Also to monitor the welfare of fresh students outside the campus;
- Any other activity the Anti Ragging Committee might delegate to the Squad.
Anti Ragging Squad for Hostels:
- Hostel Level Squad consists of student volunteers from all categories of social dimensions
within the particular hostel.